- Rhode Island folks! I’ll be reading from “Correspondents” at Cranston Public Library on Oct. 22 at 7pm—and would love to meet you!
- Here I Am on Woodstock Book Talk Chatting About “Correspondents”
- Events for “Correspondents” !!!
- I’m really excited to announce my new novel, CORRESPONDENTS, out May 14 from Grove Atlantic.
- Caitlyn Jenner and the Prison-House of Perfection
Monthly Archives: January 2015
In Spring 2014, I had the great pleasure of traveling to Vienna for Condé Nast Traveler. There I found, amid orderly classical buildings and gardens, an exciting new surge of contemporary art and design, all in an unhurried atmosphere brimming with stately … Continue reading
When the actress Rose McGowan said recently that gay men could be more misogynist than straight men, I had to weigh in–because I think she’s (often, not always) right! Gay men may identify with women in many ways and may … Continue reading
Many fashion insiders were outraged when they learned that disgraced design genius John Galliano would be the new creative director at the avant-garde Maison Martin Margiela…but their outrage had nothing (well, little) to do with the drunken anti-Semitic meltdown that got … Continue reading
Toplessness–and even bottomlessness!–is par for the course in European fashion editorials and ads. So why not in the U.S.? Whether it’s Kim Kardashian’s bottom or Madonna’s nipples, nakedness is still a no-no on this side of the pond, which is … Continue reading
For Yahoo Style, now directed by Elle vet Joe Zee, fashionistas including hairstylist Harry Josh and models Natane Boudreau and Kiara Kabukuru told me why so many style folks are getting deeply into meditation. It’s helping them find peace and groundedness … Continue reading