When the actress Rose McGowan said recently that gay men could be more misogynist than straight men, I had to weigh in–because I think she’s (often, not always) right! Gay men may identify with women in many ways and may know their own form of cultural oppression, but they’re still men in many ways–and the time-honored gay ritual of doing drag can often be as much a put-down of women as an homage to them.
- Caitlyn Jenner and the Prison-House of Perfection
- Natasha Lyonne Told Me Why She’s Addicted Now to SoulCycle, Not Drugs
- A Week in Indiana Showed Me Just how Widespread anti-LGBT Discrimination Really Is
- WANT CONTEMPORARY EDGE IN A CLASSICAL ENVELOPE? CHECK OUT VIENNA
- GAY MEN AND MISOGYNY: ROSE McGOWAN’S HALF-RIGHT