- Events for “Correspondents” !!!
- I’m really excited to announce my new novel, CORRESPONDENTS, out May 14 from Grove Atlantic.
- Caitlyn Jenner and the Prison-House of Perfection
- Natasha Lyonne Told Me Why She’s Addicted Now to SoulCycle, Not Drugs
- A Week in Indiana Showed Me Just how Widespread anti-LGBT Discrimination Really Is
Monthly Archives: August 2014
For The New York Times, I had the great pleasure of sitting down with actors John Lithgow and Alfred Molina to talk to them about playing a longtime gay married couple forced to live apart in Ira Sachs’ wonderful new film Love is … Continue reading
For this July 2014 cover story for New York magazine, I talked to dozens of gay men of all ages and races about whether Truvada, the first pill approved to prevent HIV infection, would change their feelings about sex and intimacy. This … Continue reading
In chatty New York City, few topics are off the table…except, that is, the Israel/Palestine conflict. Why do New Yorkers clam up? How can we talk about this productively without escalating into words that hurt or offend? In the wake of … Continue reading
I pursued this question for New York magazine in the wake of Robin Williams’ death, talking to people who grieved for him–and for Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Cory Monteith–as though they were their own loved ones. Why the … Continue reading