Upon the Vanity Fair cover debut of the stunning Caitlyn Jenner, I had the chance (for Yahoo Style) to explain why I felt that, though achieving perfect traditional “womanliness” is great if that’s what you want and you have the resources, it’s not the true definition of what being transgender means…and that it’s wrong for us non-trans people to think less of transfolks if they don’t meet our rigid traditional ideas of what looks like a “man” or a “woman.” Gender’s between your ears, not your legs–and it’s not about how much surgery you can afford!
- I’m really excited to announce my new novel, CORRESPONDENTS, out May 14 from Grove Atlantic.
- Caitlyn Jenner and the Prison-House of Perfection
- Natasha Lyonne Told Me Why She’s Addicted Now to SoulCycle, Not Drugs
- A Week in Indiana Showed Me Just how Widespread anti-LGBT Discrimination Really Is
- WANT CONTEMPORARY EDGE IN A CLASSICAL ENVELOPE? CHECK OUT VIENNA