Rachel Mason is a New York artist who uses sculpture, performance and other media to get inside the heads of political leaders. Recently, she was intrigued by the performative aspects of marathon filibusters delivered by U.S. Senator Rand Paul and Texas Senator Wendy Davis, who spoke for hours on end to stop an abortion ban in her state from being passed. For the NYT’s After Hours, I stopped by Mason’s live lip-sync of (a small slice of!) both bravura orations.
- Caitlyn Jenner and the Prison-House of Perfection
- Natasha Lyonne Told Me Why She’s Addicted Now to SoulCycle, Not Drugs
- A Week in Indiana Showed Me Just how Widespread anti-LGBT Discrimination Really Is
- WANT CONTEMPORARY EDGE IN A CLASSICAL ENVELOPE? CHECK OUT VIENNA
- GAY MEN AND MISOGYNY: ROSE McGOWAN’S HALF-RIGHT