The Cuban-American Brooklyn-based artist José Parlá makes stunning massive murals of his signature calligraphic swoops on vibrant color planes. We hung out recently at the Barclays Center in his ‘hood, for a New York Times Styles section story, where he showed me the piece Jay-Z helped him get the commission for. Then we had Cuban coffee at his studio-home around the corner, an old carriage house where Spike Lee made his first films.
- Here I Am on Woodstock Book Talk Chatting About “Correspondents”
- Events for “Correspondents” !!!
- I’m really excited to announce my new novel, CORRESPONDENTS, out May 14 from Grove Atlantic.
- Caitlyn Jenner and the Prison-House of Perfection
- Natasha Lyonne Told Me Why She’s Addicted Now to SoulCycle, Not Drugs