Cabaret and performance art, strange acts that take place in dark clubs and intimate rooms late at night, are a passion of mine. For my first post for AFTER HOURS, my new blog on that scene for the New York Times’ T magazine online, I caught a new batch of covers at Joe’s Pub from performance icon John Kelly, who made his name channeling Joni Mitchell but whose voice can paint in many colors other than blue.
- Caitlyn Jenner and the Prison-House of Perfection
- Natasha Lyonne Told Me Why She’s Addicted Now to SoulCycle, Not Drugs
- A Week in Indiana Showed Me Just how Widespread anti-LGBT Discrimination Really Is
- WANT CONTEMPORARY EDGE IN A CLASSICAL ENVELOPE? CHECK OUT VIENNA
- GAY MEN AND MISOGYNY: ROSE McGOWAN’S HALF-RIGHT