Reportedly sick with the flu, Fiona Apple seemed as though she’d never come down from her room at the Soho Grand for our March 2012 W magazine chat to mark her new album, The Idler Wheel… But she finally rallied, accepting the fresh-squeezed OJ I’d brought her, and was weirdly, adorably funny and sweet talking about the onstage meltdowns of her youth–and why she’s a hermit who’d rather spend time with her beloved pitbull, Janet, than with people.
- I’m really excited to announce my new novel, CORRESPONDENTS, out May 14 from Grove Atlantic.
- Caitlyn Jenner and the Prison-House of Perfection
- Natasha Lyonne Told Me Why She’s Addicted Now to SoulCycle, Not Drugs
- A Week in Indiana Showed Me Just how Widespread anti-LGBT Discrimination Really Is
- WANT CONTEMPORARY EDGE IN A CLASSICAL ENVELOPE? CHECK OUT VIENNA